Highland Rim Cup Challenge YOUR Chance
to WIN Year-End CASH Prizes Plus Monthly Event Prizes
Back again for it’s third season, Highland Rim Golf Course is sponsoring a series of two player scrambles called the 2016 Highland Rim Cup Challenge that culminates with the Highland Rim Cup Championship. The nine 2-Person Scrambles are $55 per player. They include green fees, cart, range balls, prize pool, and skill prizes. $25 of the entry fee goes toward the event prize pools and $5 toward the year end cash prize pool. Monthly events are flighted so everyone has a chance to win.
Changes to the Highland Rim Cup Challenge
The 2016 Highland Rim Cup Challenge has a few new changes to the points system with bigger and better prizes this year.
- Starting year end cash prize pool will be increased from $1,000 to $1,500 with $5 added for each participant after every event.
- All flight winners will earn the same number of points per position (prior year’s 1st flight earned double the # points than the 2nd flight). This allows players of all abilities to have an equal chance at winning the year end prize pool. The table below shows the # of points earned per position:
- Players will be awarded 10 points for each event they play in. The goal of this change is to encourage more people to play on a consistent basis, thereby increasing field size and overall prize pool for the season.
- All players participating in at least 5 of the 9 events will win a portion of the year end prize pool.
- Points will also be awarded for winners of Closest to Pin (5 points) contests.
- Highland Rim Cup player rankings and point totals will be posted within 1 week of event in the clubhouse and at both HIGHLANDRIMGOLF.COM and FACEBOOK.COM/HIGHLANDLANDRIMGOLF
- All events will earn the same number of points.
- Everyone will earn points based on where they place in the flight standings.
- Events will have one or more flights, which will be determined by the number of teams who have signed up by the Friday before the event.
- Teams winning or placing in each flight will earn points towards the Highland Rim Cup standings.
- When there are an odd number of teams, the extra team will be assigned to the first flight.
While the events are team oriented, it is the individual player at years end with the highest point total that will win the Highland Rim Cup. Players may keep the same team, change teams, or substitute players for a given event. The point total remains with the player, not the team.
A portion of each player’s fees will be added to the pot after each event.
In addition, separate prizes will be awarded to the winners at each event.
When there are an odd number of teams, the extra team will be assigned to the first flight.
The number of players paid in the final standings will be determined by the overall number of participants in all events.
Highland Rim Golf Course reserves the right to make changes to these rules if deemed necessary.
2016 Highland Rim Cup Challenge 2-Person Scramble Event Schedule
- All events are 2-person scrambles.
- Range opens at noon. Shotgun start at 1 PM.
- All events $55 per player.
March 19th – St. Patrick’s Scramble – Completed
April 23rd – Tax Stress Relief Classic – Completed
May 21st – Honor Our Armed Forces Day – Completed
June 18th – Swing into Summer Classic – Completed
July 2nd – Red, White, & Blue Summer Sizzler – Completed
August 6th – Back to School Classic
August 27th – The Hole-in-One Open
September 17th – Fall Classic
October 22nd – Highland Rim Cup Championship
Notes: Scramble dates subject to change.
2015 WINNERS OF THE HIGHLAND RIM CUP!
Congratulations to Gail Bartell, the new 2015 Highland Rim Cup Challenge Champion! This is the second year in a row that Gail has won the title. Gail accumulated 334 points throughout the year at our monthly events. Thank you to everyone who played in this year’s events.
Top Five Money Finishers
Gail Bartell – 334 points
Chris Farmer – 309
Jim Boner – 267
Jim Casebolt – 267
Clay Jarrell – 248
2014 WINNERS OF THE HIGHLAND RIM CUP!
Congratulations to Gail Bartell, the new 2014 Highland Rim Cup Challenge Champion!
Gail accumulated 290 points throughout the year at our monthly events.
Thank you to everyone who played in this year’s events.
2013 WINNERS OF THE HIGHLAND RIM CUP!
Congratulations to Brian Balthrop and Josh Black winners of the
2013 Highland Rim Cup Challenge. Each player accumulated
246 points throughout the year in our monthly events to have
the right to claim the trophy and the top prize. This year’s prize
pool ended up with a total of $2500 given away at the
culmination of the event.
Winners of the Final November 2013 Event
The Highland Rim Cup Championship
First Place: Brian Balthrop / Josh Black
Second Place: Garrick Malone / Hunter Gibbs
Third Place: Steven Reigle / Nick Rives
1st Place: James McClellan / Tanner Krug
2nd Place: Dave Malone / Don Harrington
3rd Place: Jaime Holland / J.T. Ferrell
Closest to the Pin:
Thanks to everyone that played in the year-long events of the 2013 and 2014 Highland Rim Cup Challenge. See you next year at the 2015 Highland Rim Cup Challenge starting in February!